The First Alert CO600 Plug-In Carbon Monoxide Alarm utilizes an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor. This carbon monoxide detector plugs into any standard electrical outlet and features a low battery light to alert you when the battery power is low. When carbon monoxide levels become elevated, a loud 85-decibel alarm alerts you to the threat.
Electrochemical CO Sensor: The First Alert CO600 Plug-In Carbon Monoxide Alarm uses an electrochemical CO sensor to detect elevated carbon monoxide levels. When CO is detected, the carbon monoxide detector sounds a loud 85-decibel alarm to warn you of the threat. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, invisible gas, and it is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in the US. Therefore, placing carbon monoxide alarms on every level and in every bedroom of your home is an important way to help protect your family from danger.
End-of-Life Warning: A low-battery light and chirp will alert you when the First Alert plug-in carbon monoxide detector has reached its end of life and it is time to replace the alarm.
Simple and Easy to Use: The First Alert CO600 Plug-In Carbon Monoxide Alarm is easy to set up. Simply plug the alarm into any standard electrical outlet, and the CO detector will start to monitor your space for carbon monoxide. Remember to test your CO detector regularly and change the batteries at least twice a year.