The First Alert Town/Gown Fire Safety Community Service Project Application
About the Town/Gown Fire Safety Community Service Project:
First Alert, Campus Firewatch and the Michael H. Minger Foundation are partnering with fire departments and universities across the country to raise awareness about fire safety among students and community members at-large, and we invite you to apply to be a part of this program for Fall 2018!
The goal of these projects is to get students working alongside firefighters to conduct home safety visits and install smoke alarms. By doing these home safety visits, students are helping to make their communities safer and learning fire safety at the same time. Many communities are already doing home safety visits and installing smoke alarms – this project is just about adding students to your team!
First Alert will provide you with free smoke alarms (10-year, photoelectric) and carbon monoxide alarms that you can use during the home safety visits. Campus Firewatch and the Minger Foundation can also provide you with guidance on setting up a home safety visit program if needed.
We did a series of successful pilots across the nation in 2017. Watch this video to see what students from Colorado State University Fort Collins and the Poudre Fire Authority did to help out their community!
Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Battery Powered
Smoke Alarm with 10-Year Battery
This carbon monoxide alarm is battery powered,
making it portable and easy to use anywhere, even
in the event of a power outage.
This smoke alarm has a photoelectric sensor
detects smoke from slow-burning, smoldering fires,
and has a 10-year battery to provide power for the life of the alarm.
If you have any questions regarding the application please send an email below:
TOWN/GOWN FIRE SAFETY COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY OR BE SELECTED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CHOSEN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROJECT IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS.
THIS PROJECT IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. BY APPLYING, APPLICANTS RELEASE FACEBOOK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THIS PROMOTION.
- Sponsor: BRK Brands, Inc. 3901 Liberty Street, Aurora, IL 60504 (“Sponsor”).
- Application Period: The First Alert Town/Gown Fire Safety Community Service Project (“Project”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time on July 26, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on August 17, 2018 (“Application Period”).
- Eligibility: No purchase is necessary to enter or be selected. The 2018 “First Alert Town/Gown Fire Safety Community Service Project” (the “Project”) is open only to members of the U.S. fire service and staff of colleges and universities who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. This includes, but is not limited to, volunteer, municipal, county, state and special district fire departments. Employees of BRK, Brands, Inc., Newell Brands, L.C. Williams & Associates (LCWA), and other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to apply. The Project is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or regulations. The decisions of Sponsor in regards to all matters related to this Project are final and binding. Winner selection is contingent upon application details set forth in these Official Rules.
- How to Enter; Entry Requirements:
- Those interested in applying must visit FirstAlert.com/towngown and fill out the application form. Selections will be made on or around Monday, August 20, 2018 (“Selection”). A total of twenty-five (25) entries will be selected from all cumulative entries received as of the time of the Selection. Odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The winners will be contacted via email and announced on FirstAlert.com within five (5) business days of the Selection. Applicants (on behalf of their fire department, college or university) can only be selected once during the Project Period. Once winners have been selected, applicants are not eligible for additional donations.
- Limit one (1) application per applicant. Multiple applications from any applicant and/or duplicate applications will be deemed automatically void. Only the first application received from any applicant will be eligible; additional submissions received from such applicant thereafter will be deemed automatically void. Proof of submission of application does not constitute proof of delivery of application during the Application Period. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Project is the official timekeeping device. All applications become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means or applications that do not fully comply with these Official Rules or which subvert the application process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will not be eligible.
- Selection and Notification of Winners:
- Twenty-five (25) total winners will each receive one hundred (100) donated alarms for their fire departments
- Sponsor will randomly select twenty-five (25) winners. The odds of winning depend on the number of total applicants. Applicants can only be selected once.
- Winners are responsible for paying any applicable federal, state and local taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. A donation may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not request cash or a substitute donation; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a donation with another donation of equal or greater value if the donation is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners will receive an email notification from Sponsor and must respond within five (5) business days of notification to claim their prize. Winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, necessary tax forms and, where lawful, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance. If (i) such documents are not returned within the specified time period, (ii) the donation notification is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) Sponsor is unable to contact a winner or a winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the donation will be forfeited. No alternate winners will be selected. Donations will be shipped via courier, within 4-6 weeks. Sponsor will not notify winners when donations are sent. If a donation is not received, Sponsor is not responsible.
- The following donations, each listed along with its respective approximate retail value (“ARV”), are available to be awarded:
Twenty-five (25) winners will receive one hundred (100) PR710 smoke alarms (MSRP: $29.99), or one hundred (100) CO400 carbon monoxide alarms (MSRP: $34.99) for a maximum retail value of $3,499 based on the preference stated in the application.
Maximum total ARV of all donations: $87,475
- In the event a winner cannot or declines to accept a donation as stated, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such winner and choose an alternate winner. In the event that three (3) or more winners (with respect to the same donation) cannot or decline to accept a donation as stated, Sponsor will not be obligated to select any additional alternate winners, and if Sponsor so elects, that donation will not be awarded. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer any donation or redeem any donation for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a donation with a donation of equal or greater value if the advertised donation becomes unavailable. Any difference between approximate retail value and actual value of any donation will not be awarded. DONATIONS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- General Conditions: Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries or other errors of any kind, including (without limitation) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Project, whether human, computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing or otherwise, including (without limitation) errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Project, the processing or judging of entries or the announcement of the donations or that may occur in any Project-related materials or limit donation fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the Project. Sponsor further assumes no liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Project for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants, applicants and/or winners. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Project should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Project or should any portion of the Project be compromised for any reason. By way of illustration and not limitation, Sponsor may at its sole discretion select winners from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in the event of such compromise or corruption. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any applicant (and void his/her/its entry) who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Project or violates these Official Rules.
Each applicant, by entering the Project, agrees (a) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective past and present directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from and for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property (including without limitation death; claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and any claims based on a violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights), resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in this Project or in any related activity or applicant’s acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any donation and (b) if such applicant becomes a winner, by acceptance of a donation, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and those acting pursuant to its authority (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing upon request) to use, as applicable, his/her/its name, photograph, likeness, voice, location and donation information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
Applicants represent and warrant that neither their participation in this Project nor acceptance of any donation awarded herein shall be in violation of any federal, state or local law or rule or any applicable school district/board or school rule or regulation. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the applicant.
If a Winner is determined to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules for any reason, such Winner will be disqualified, the donation will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected and notified.
All applications must be submitted in the name of an individual and the fire department, college or university he/she works for, and donations will only be awarded to the fire department whose name is on each application, regardless of other circumstances. In the event of a dispute over the identity of any Winner, the application will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account used for application, and Winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she/it is the authorized account holder.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Project at any time and substitute another project in its place.
Failure by Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage of the Project does not constitute a waiver of such rights.
Any information collected in connection with this Project is not provided to Facebook.
- Disputes: Each applicant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Project, or any donation provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Project, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will an applicant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each applicant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of applicants and Sponsor in connection with the Project, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. Section and paragraph headings are included only for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of any of the provisions of these Official Rules.
- Winners List: A list of winners may be obtained by sending a written request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope clearly labeled First Alert “Town/Gown Fire Safety Community Project” 2018 Winner Names to: LCWA, 150 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60601. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
© BRK Brands, Inc. 2018. All rights reserved. Promotion entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the entrant’s personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.