Onelink Safe & Sound Sweepstakes
This is a great opportunity to test and replace your outdated alarms. It is important to have working alarms to help protect your home and family in the event of emergency. With today’s technology advancements, Onelink by First Alert has brought the very best in whole home protection to your home. The Onelink Safe & Sound is a 3-in-1 smart smoke & carbon monoxide alarm, a premium home speaker, and is Alexa enabled.
Enter for a chance win a Onelink Safe & Sound. Post a review on the website where you purchased your Safe & Sound or use #OnelinkStory to tell us your experience.
No purchase necessary.
ONELINK SAFE & SOUND EMAIL SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS RELEASE FACEBOOK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THIS PROMOTION.
- Sponsor: BRK Brands, Inc. 3901 Liberty Street, Aurora, IL 60504 (“Sponsor”).
- Entry Period: The Onelink Safe & Sound Email Sweepstakes begins (“Promotion”) at 12:00 a.m. Central Time on November 28, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on December 31, 2018 (“Entry Period”).
- Eligibility: No purchase is necessary to enter or claim prize. The 2018 Onelink Safe & Sound Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to members of the U.S. who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, and a resident of the United States of America. This includes, but is not limited to, volunteer, municipal, county, state and special district fire departments. Employees of BRK, Brands, Inc., Newell Brands, and other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or regulations. The decisions of Sponsor in regards to all matters related to this Promotion are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- How to Enter; Entry Requirements:
- Those interested in entering must visit firstalert.com/onelinksweepstakes and fill out the entry form.. Drawing will occur on or around Monday, January 7, 2019. A total of five (5) winners will be randomly selected from all cumulative entries received as of the time of the Drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The winners will be contacted via email within five (5) business days of the Drawing. Entrants can only win once during the Sweepstakes Period. Once a prize has been won, entrants are not eligible for additional prizes.
- Limit one (1) entry per entrant. Multiple entries from any entrant and/or duplicate entries will be deemed automatically void. Only the first entry received from any entrant will be eligible; additional entries received from such entrant thereafter will be deemed automatically void. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery of entry during the Entry Period. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Promotion is the official timekeeping device. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or entries that do not fully comply with these Official Rules or which subvert the entry process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will not be eligible.
- Selection and Notification of Winner:
- Sixty (5) total potential winners will each receive (1) Onelink Safe & Sound.
- Winners are responsible for paying any applicable federal, state and local taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Potential prize recipients will receive an email notification from Sponsor and must respond within five (5) business days of notification to claim their prize. Winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, necessary tax forms and, where lawful, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance. If (i) such documents are not returned within the specified time period, (ii) the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) Sponsor is unable to contact a potential prize recipient or a potential prize recipient is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the prize will be forfeited. No alternate winners will be selected. Prizes will be shipped via courier, within 4-6 weeks. Sponsor will not notify winners when prizes are sent. If a prize is not received, Sponsor is not responsible.
- The following prizes, each listed along with its respective approximate retail value (“ARV”), are available to be awarded:
5 Potential Winners will receive 1 Onelink Safe & Sound (MSRP: $249.99).
Maximum total ARV of all prizes: $1,249.95
- In the event a Potential Winner cannot or declines to accept a prize as stated, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such Potential Winner and choose an alternate Potential Winner. In the event that three (3) or more Potential Winners (with respect to the same prize) cannot or decline to accept a prize as stated, Sponsor will not be obligated to select any additional alternate Potential Winners, and if Sponsor so elects, that prize will not be awarded. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize or redeem any prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Any difference between approximate retail value and actual value of any prize will not be awarded. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- General Conditions: Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries or other errors of any kind, including (without limitation) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Promotion, whether human, computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing or otherwise, including (without limitation) errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing or judging of entries or the announcement of the prizes or that may occur in any Promotion-related materials or limit prize fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the Promotion. Sponsor further assumes no liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Promotion for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants, entrants and/or winners. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Promotion should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion or should any portion of the Promotion be compromised for any reason. By way of illustration and not limitation, Sponsor may at its sole discretion select winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in the event of such compromise or corruption. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant (and void his/her/its entry) who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion or violates these Official Rules.
Each entrant, by entering the Promotion, agrees (a) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective past and present directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from and for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property (including without limitation death; claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and any claims based on a violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights), resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in this Promotion or in any related activity or entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize and (b) if such entrant becomes a winner, by acceptance of a prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and those acting pursuant to its authority (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing upon request) to use, as applicable, his/her/its name, photograph, likeness, voice, location and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
Entrants represent and warrant that neither their participation in this Promotion nor acceptance of any prize awarded herein shall be in violation of any federal, state or local law or rule or any applicable school district/board or school rule or regulation. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winner.
If a Potential Winner is determined to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules for any reason, such Potential Winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Potential Winner selected and notified.
All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual and the fire department he/she works for, and prizes will only be awarded to the fire department whose name is on each winning entry, regardless of other circumstances. In the event of a dispute over the identity of any Potential Winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account used for entry, and Potential Winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she/it is the authorized account holder.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Promotion at any time and substitute another promotion in its place.
Failure by Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage of the Promotion does not constitute a waiver of such rights.
Any information collected in connection with this Promotion is not provided to Facebook.
- Disputes: Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. Section and paragraph headings are included only for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of any of the provisions of these Official Rules.
- Winners List: A list of winners may be obtained by sending a written request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to clearly labeled Onelink Safe & Sound Email Sweepstakes. Matt Austin: 3901 Liberty St. Aurora, IL 60504. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
© BRK Brands, Inc. 2018. All rights reserved. Promotion entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the entrant’s personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.