Community Risk Reduction Alarm Giveaway
First Alert will be awarding 50 carbon monoxide alarms each to five fire departments across the country for community outreach and education initiatives!
About the Communtiy Risk Reduction Alarm Giveaway Project
As temperatures drop and families turn up the heat in their homes, the risk for carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning significantly increases making it the leading cause of accidental poisoning in the U.S., according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Only 47% of Americans have at least one working CO alarm, and nearly two-thirds of homes did not comply with established CO alarm recommendations of having alarms on every level of your home, outside each sleeping area, and inside every bedroom.**
Community Risk Reduction (CRR) Week- January 20-26, 2020- is a great opportunity to improve CO safety in your community. First Alert will be donating 50 carbon monoxide to the five winning fire departments across the country. The alarm donations from the “Community Risk Reduction Week Alarm Giveaway" may be used by the winning fire departments to help to equip those most in need in their communities.
The entry period for the giveaway is open now through November 24, 2019. Winners will be announced November 25, 2019. To enter, fill out the form below!
First Alert Battery-Powered Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Winners will receive 50 First Alert Battery-Powered Carbon Monoxide Alarms. This alarm is easy to use and install, with a 5 year-life. The battery-powered alarm will continue to protect your family even in the event of a power outage.
COMMUNITY RISK REDUCTION WEEK SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY OR BE SELECTED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CHOSEN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROJECT IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS.
THIS PROJECT IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. BY APPLYING, APPLICANTS RELEASE FACEBOOK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THIS PROMOTION.
1. Sponsor: BRK Brands, Inc. 3901 Liberty Street, Aurora, IL 60504 (“Sponsor”).
2. Entry Period: The Community Risk Reduction Week Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time on November 18, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on November 24, 2019 (“Entry Period”).
3. Eligibility: No purchase is necessary to enter or be selected. The 2019 “Community Risk Reduction Week Alarm Giveaway” (the “Project”) is open only to members of the U.S. fire service who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. This includes, but is not limited to, volunteer, municipal, county, state and special district fire departments. Employees of BRK Brands, Inc., Newell Brands, L.C. Williams & Associates (LCWA), and other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to apply. The Project is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or regulations. The decisions of Sponsor in regards to all matters related to this Project are final and binding. Winner selection is contingent upon application details set forth in these Official Rules.
4. How to Enter; Entry Requirements:
A. Those interested in entering must visit FirstAlert.com/CRRWeek and fill out the entry form. Drawing will occur on or around Monday, November 25, 2019 (“Drawing”). A total of five (5) winners will be randomly selected from all cumulative entries received as of the time of the Drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The winners will be contacted via email and announced on FirstAlert.com within five (5) business days of the Drawing. Entrants (on behalf of their fire department) can only win once during the Sweepstakes Period. Once a prize has been won, entrants are not eligible for additional prizes.
B. Limit one (1) entry per entrant. Multiple entries from any entrant and/or duplicate entries will be deemed automatically void. Only the first entry received from any entrant will be eligible; additional entries received from such entrant thereafter will be deemed automatically void. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery of entry during the Entry Period. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Promotion is the official timekeeping device. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or entries that do not fully comply with these Official Rules or which subvert the entry process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will not be eligible.
5. Selection and Notification of Winners:
A. Five (5) total potential winners will each receive fifty (50) carbon monoxide alarms for their fire departments.
B. Winners are responsible for paying any applicable federal, state and local taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Potential prize recipients will receive an email notification from Sponsor and must respond within five (5) business days of notification to claim their prize. Winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, necessary tax forms and, where lawful, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance. If (i) such documents are not returned within the specified time period, (ii) the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) Sponsor is unable to contact a potential prize recipient or a potential prize recipient is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the prize will be forfeited. No alternate winners will be selected. Prizes will be shipped via courier, within 4-6 weeks. Sponsor will not notify winners when prizes are sent. If a prize is not received, Sponsor is not responsible.
A. The following prizes, each listed along with its respective approximate retail value (“ARV”), are available to be awarded:
Five (5) Potential Winners will receive fifty (50) battery-operated carbon monoxide alarms (1039718) (MSRP: $19.99) each for a maximum retail value of $999.50.
Maximum total ARV of all prizes: $4,997.50
B. In the event a Potential Winner cannot or declines to accept a prize as stated, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such Potential Winner and choose an alternate Potential Winner. In the event that three (3) or more Potential Winners (with respect to the same prize) cannot or decline to accept a prize as stated, Sponsor will not be obligated to select any additional alternate Potential Winners, and if Sponsor so elects, that prize will not be awarded. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize or redeem any prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Any difference between approximate retail value and actual value of any prize will not be awarded. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. General Conditions: Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries or other errors of any kind, including (without limitation) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Project, whether human, computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing or otherwise, including (without limitation) errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Project, the processing or judging of entries or the announcement of the donations or that may occur in any Project-related materials or limit donation fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the Project. Sponsor further assumes no liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Project for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants, applicants and/or winners. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Project should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Project or should any portion of the Project be compromised for any reason. By way of illustration and not limitation, Sponsor may at its sole discretion select winners from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in the event of such compromise or corruption. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any applicant (and void his/her/its entry) who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Project or violates these Official Rules.
Each entrant, by entering the Promotion, agrees (a) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective past and present directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from and for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property (including without limitation death; claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and any claims based on a violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights), resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in this Promotion or in any related activity or entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize and (b) if such entrant becomes a winner, by acceptance of a prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and those acting pursuant to its authority (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing upon request) to use, as applicable, his/her/its name, photograph, likeness, voice, location and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
Entrants represent and warrant that neither their participation in this Promotion nor acceptance of any prize awarded herein shall be in violation of any federal, state or local law or rule or any applicable school district/board or school rule or regulation. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winner.
If a Winner is determined to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules for any reason, such Winner will be disqualified, the donation will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected and notified.
All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual and the fire department he/she works for, and prizes will only be awarded to the fire department whose name is on each winning entry, regardless of other circumstances. In the event of a dispute over the identity of any Potential Winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account used for entry, and Potential Winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she/it is the authorized account holder.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Project at any time and substitute another project in its place.
Failure by Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage of the Project does not constitute a waiver of such rights.
Any information collected in connection with this Project is not provided to Facebook.
9. Disputes: Each applicant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Project, or any donation provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Project, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will an applicant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each applicant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of applicants and Sponsor in connection with the Project, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. Section and paragraph headings are included only for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of any of the provisions of these Official Rules.
10. Winners List: A list of winners may be obtained by sending a written request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope clearly labeled First Alert “Community Risk Reduction Week Sweepstake” 2019 Winner Names to: LCWA, 150 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60601. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
© BRK Brands, Inc. 2019. All rights reserved. Promotion entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the entrant’s personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.