What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless, tasteless and poisonous gas. Sources of carbon monoxide are any fuel burning devices, such as your stove, furnace or water heater. CO alarms are the only way to detect this poisonous gas and help provide an early warning. First Alert urges every homeowner to help protect themselves and their families by installing CO detectors.
Carbon Monoxide Detectors
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends installing a carbon monoxide detector on every level of your home, inside each bedroom and near each sleeping area. Alarms should be tested monthly and batteries replaced at least every six months to ensure the detector is functioning properly. For convenient protection, upgrade to 10-year sealed battery alarms to eliminate the need for battery replacements.
First Alert offers a variety of CO detectors to meet your family’s needs:
- Battery Operated
- Convenient battery operation that continues working if power goes out
- Easy to install on the ceiling or wall
- Plug-In Operated
- Simply plugs into standard outlets
- Most include backup battery for continuous monitoring during power outages
- 10-Year Sealed Battery
- Eliminates the need for battery replacements for the life of the alarm
- Eliminates late-night low-battery chirps
Help protect your family from carbon monoxide poisoning with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors from First Alert, the most trusted brand in fire safety.