It is important to follow these steps carefully when programming your First Alert Wireless Interconnect smoke detectors. TO PROGRAM FIRST ALARM:
- Insert 2 AA batteries. Alarm will say: “Welcome, First Alert® Smoke Alarm.” It will then say “No location programmed” if this is the first time the device has been activated, or “[Location, example: “Basement”] location programmed” when changing batteries. The Wireless Interconnect detector will then say “To select location, press and hold test button now.”
- Press & Hold Test Button if you would like to program the location or change the location of the alarm. Release button after alarm responds. Alarm will say: “To save location, press and hold test button after location is heard.” The Wireless Interconnect smoke detector will list locations.
- After you hear the location of where you are placing the Alarm, Press & Hold the Test Button. Alarm Will Say: “[Location, example: “Basement”] location saved.” If no location is chosen: “No location saved.” Your Alarm has now been programmed for the location of your choice.
ADDING AND LINKING ADDITIONAL Wireless Interconnect ALARMS NOTE: To create your integrated smoke detector system, steps 1 through 3 below need to be completed within two minutes. If more than two minutes pass, the green power LED will stop blinking. Simply open the battery drawer of the second detector and repeat steps 1 through 3.
- Insert the batteries into the battery drawer of the next detector. DO NOT CLOSE THE DRAWER.
- Press and hold the test button and then close the battery drawer.
- Once you hear the unit chirp, release the test button. The green power LED will start to blink indicating the Wireless Interconnect detector is waiting for program data from one of the other existing Wireless Interconnect alarms that are already set up.