New Wisconsin Carbon Monoxide (CO) Law
Carbon Monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning in the United States according to the American Medical Association.
DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW!
Get the best CO alarms compliant with Wisconsin law:
- All new and existing residential homes that contain a gas heater or appliance, fireplace or an attached garage must install carbon monoxide alarms.
- Existing Construction: CO alarms must be either battery powered, plug-in or plug-in with battery backup.
- New Construction: CO alarms must be hardwired with battery backup.
- At least one CO alarm must be installed on every level of a dwelling, including the basement.
- This law is in addition to previous legislation which required CO alarms for multi-family housing.
- All alarms bearing the Intertek (ETL) listing mark meet the requirements set forth by the Wisconsin Department of Commerce for agency certification.
- Effective February 1, 2011