Mom With A Mission - CO Prevention
|Learn why this "Chicken Soup for the Soul:
Count Your Blessings" co-author is grateful for
the new California Law
Carbon Monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning in the United States according to the American Medical Association.
Purchasing a First Alert CO alarm is the easiest way to prevent an accidental tragedy.
Don't Wait Until It's Too Late!
TIPS - On Protecting Yourself and Your Family From Carbon Monoxide:
Common causes of carbon monoxide production can be gas or oil appliances like a furnace, clothes dryer, range, oven, water heater, or space heaters that are not working properly. Here are some tips to help prevent a CO poisoning:
- Never use a gas range or oven to heat a home
- Never leave your car running and parked in an enclosed or partially enclosed space, such as a garage
- Never use a charcoal grill, hibachi, lantern, or portable camping stove inside a home, tent, or camper
- Have your furnace, water heater and other gas appliances checked yearly by a certified professional
- Install First Alert Carbon Monoxide alarms in or near every bedroom and on every level of your home including the basement
Watch this video for more helpful tips for CO prevention